I want to understand social media and how it can be used in different businesses. With all the options on the internet, you will feel confused about what is needed and how it can be implemented to your organization. W3bmast3r wants to help and created this guide to have a better understanding of different social media platform available for you.
Here is the list of Social Media platform I tested myself to share my personal thoughts.
- Facebook – the most popular of them all that even grandpa can be your leads. Best for sharing contents in text, photos, and videos format. Has a wide demographic for target audiences because it is easily shared and follow your posts.
- Twitter – Used by users to shoutout whats in their mind. Hashtag feature to interact directly with your target niche or topics.
- Instagram – more on visual contents and hashtag feature to directly engage with your topic, best for business about a lifestyle, food, fashion, photography, and luxury brands.
- Linkedin – mostly for professional people sharing expertise. Businesses engaging professional services are mostly you can find but not limited to any other business.
- YouTube – video marketing campaign. Video advertising to showcase your products or services you are offering.
- Google+ – text and image contents for sharing to get more leads.
- Pinterest – more visual contents like Instagram
- Reddit – feed information or news. best for sharing your articles as part of your backlinks campaign. Has a wide category feature to directly reach your audiences.
- Quora – all about people asking questions for an information they need to know. An advantage for your articles to directly target your audiences.
- Yelp – showcase or advertise your business locally. This is like a listing directory where a customer can give you rating or review
- Snapchat – audiences are mostly younger demographics, best used for a promo code or to demo your products.
- VK.com – is a Russian online social media.
- Tumblr – best for sharing articles. Hashtag feature to directly engage with your topics.